As we seek to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic and create a more racially just world, our government needs to hear from and reflect the interests of all our residents. In the interest of reaching traditionally-underserved communities, Stephanie will renew the Clerk’s Office’s focus on community outreach.
As Clerk Stephanie will make it a priority to create partnerships with the city and build bridges by:
- Organizing voter registration drives
- Sending staff to community events to answer questions and help residents
- Working with the public to find new ways to connect with all our diverse residents
- Reaching out to community leaders, places of worship and our nonprofit community to increase community engagement
- Requiring equity training for Clerk’s Office employees to ensure that our office is able not only to serve our residents, but elevate their voices and empower them.